We thank the staff of the Infant Primate Research Laboratory for their cooperation during this study and D. Blough for his assistance with statistical analyses. We also thank J. Treanor from the University of Rochester for supplying the vaccines used in the study.
This project was supported by funds from the National Institutes of Health, grants RO1ES03745, P51HD02274, P51RR00166, P30ES07033, and NO1-A1-25460.
- American Academy of Pediatrics and U.S. Public Health Service. Thimerosal in vaccines: a joint statement. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 1999;48:563–565. [PubMed]
- Ball LK, Ball R, Pratt RD. An assessment of thimerosal use in childhood vaccines. Pediatrics. 2001;107:1147–1154. [PubMed]
- Berlin M, Crawford A, Grant DVM, Hellstrom J, Schultz A. Neurotoxicity of methylmercury in squirrel monkeys. Arch Environ Health. 1975;30:340–348. [PubMed]
Thomas M. Burbacher, PhD
- Children’s Environmental Health, Behavioral Toxicology/Teratology
- KEYWORDS: Developmental Neurotoxicity, Birth defects, Children’s health, Developmental Toxicology; Nervous system toxicity